Job Title: Operations & Support Coordinator
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (closed weekends & holidays)
Posting Date: 19 October 2016
Ending Date: 26 October 2016
Submission: e-mail (PDF ONLY) or 156 Victoria Street Kamloops, BC V2C 1Z7
Compensation: Hourly and extended compensation package
RhiCom Networks is a privately owned Internet service provider operating in Kamloops, BC since winter 2010. RhiCom’s service area includes communities from Kelowna to Prince Rupert reaching a populated coverage area of 250,000 people. In addition to Internet services, RhiCom provides consulting, engineering, and field services to large commercial projects.
This position is a full time, permanent position with RhiCom Networks in the Kamloops, BC office. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the coordination of our business including: scheduling, inventory control, billing, and file management. All employees share a customer service responsibility and we work as a team to respond to all customer enquiries (inside sales, trouble tickets, billing issues, etc).
- Coordinate field services schedule.
- Coordinate property access with customers and landlords.
- Coordinate billing for non-subscription services and inventory (such as field service projects).
- Responsible for the safety management (check-ins) of field service employees and contractors.
- Perform customer service activities.
- Perform duties related to the management, control, and maintenance of RhiCom assets including retail space, mobile display materials, stock/inventory, fleet vehicles, etc…
- Perform other tasks as they are assigned.
- The candidate will perform customer service tasks including: processing payments, handling service enquiries, performing basic (Tier 1) troubleshooting, and responding to e-mail tickets.
- The candidate will follow up with new and existing customers to ensure satisfaction and determine if other sales opportunities exist.
- Engage (inbound calls) with subscribers to offer new or upgraded services
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical problem solver; develops logic based solutions derived from individual and collaborative thought processes
- Excellent time management and personal organization
- Proficient with Internet based applications and general computer use (Google Apps)
- Perform occasional lifting (20 kg)
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Office environment (primarily)
Qualifications & Requirements
- Some customer service or dispatch experience is valued
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Completion of a Business Administration type certificate is valued
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s licence with clean abstract is valued
- Must be available in British Columbia with existing permission to work in Canada
- Hourly compensation at 40 hours per week (26 pay periods)
- Extended Health, Dental, and Optics
- Five paid personal health days
- Paid holiday schedule according to BC’s Employment Standards Act
- Ten BC Statutory Holidays
- One additional holiday (Boxing Day)
- Optional unpaid holiday schedules (with supervisor approval)
- Paid community volunteer hours (20 annual)